Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thing 11

Thing 11 Tagging and Del.icio.us
As you can see in my Blog I have been tagging from the beginning. It has been a helpful in organizing my Blog. I Liked using Del.icio.us for organizing my bookmark and the ease of using it from any computer. It was easy to setup and I like that you use your own tagging system to organize the bookmarks
Can you see the potential of this tool for research assistance? Or just as an easy way to create bookmarks that can be accessed from anywhere?
I can see this being helpful in setting up Research assistance in all the major groups of the Dewey Decimal System. By the Library bookmarking sites and tagging them into the different categories, it will help the patrons gain access to those sites faster and in a more organized manner.
How can your library or media center take advantage of tagging and del.icio.us?
We could set up research helps, book reviews, discussion groups, genre helps, gaming sites and more.

No comments: